View Single Post
Old 29-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Bolts_Tweed (Mark)

Yeah Humayun I know what you mean but I agree with the other guys as well. I started noticing images like this about 12 months ago - someone published an image of the cone neb (?) with the Fox Fur (?) nebula beside it. I forget what it was actually but it was processed to show this brown dust lane detail. I agree with you guys thast this is just another direction astrophotography is heading. Who would have thought I would like Tom Davis's nb composite palletes a few years ago when I was using Fuji 800 - I wouldnt have understood them - now I know & understand how good they are.

I just checked out his home page and his improvements from 2 years ago to today are unbelievable. Yeah he has some good gear (FSQ & STL1000) but it really isnt anything that a lot of other people are using (or similar). Makes me want to push the TVnp101is & STX10 out to 20 minute subs on Lums (or try to anyway)

A bit more colour (or sat.) may be nice but I think he is definately breaking new ground. Good to see someone sticking his neck out a little bit (or a lot)