View Single Post
Old 17-04-2008, 06:16 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
Eric,

That's an interesting point you make about planetary vs deep sky - I would have guessed the very long focal length required for planetary to get a reasonable image scale would demand good tracking but I guess this is compensated for by the shorter exposure time.

How much weight do you have on the EQ6? Do you have a view of the merits of stacking the guide scope on top of the Newt vs side by side? I can balance it up with 4 standard EQ6 counterweights in the SBS configuration as the weight of the OTA's is kept close to the mount.
Sorry for the late reply. Yes your totally correct. Planetary imaging not required for accurate tracking. You can even do planetary imaging with a dob from short expo time.

I havent tested the EQ6 with the ED80 side by side. works well with the ED80 ontop of the EQ6 as it is. Havent properly weighted everything on the EQ6 yet so i wouldnt know. Im guessing with my 10" F4.7 + ED80 with correct balance weights and DSLR cam, thats pretty much the limit for the EQ6 for the deepskystuff... how do i know this? without autoguiding, i can't even do 1 minute without star trails