View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 08:18 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Terry is right, Geoff. It's not just for images, but I can imagine the imaging guys n gals will use it the most, because they often want to provide a link to a fullsize version, or some raw files, or a zipped up avi, etc.

The storage space can be used for anything astronomy related that you wish to share with other forum members.

I've spoken with Dave (the host guy), and he's indicated that he's happy to not delete the files.. we'll just keep an eye on bandwidth and usage to see how much use it gets.

So feel free to use it as an area to store astronomy related files, large size versions of pics etc.

Make sure (for now) you prefix the filename with your nickname, so it doesn't get confusing with other people's files there.

Terry, Dave and I are all keen to set up forum login integration with the FTP space, so everyone has their own account which can more easily managed and there is less confusion for people uploading and downloading files. There's some work to do in setting that up, but we'll see how we go over the next few weeks.