View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:41 AM
gregmc (Greg)

An interesting read, thanks Peter.

I have the QHY600 PH (Amateur Photographic Version)

some comments:

I only use one USB3 cable to the camera. I also use the thin QHY interconnect cable between the camera and the QHYCFW3 filter wheel (which has 7 x 50mm filters)

I also live in Sydney and also had weather issues. I've only had an initial test run which showed some vignetting issues with my SkyWatcher ESPRIT 120ED that has an M48 out which I've improved with a new adapter that plugs into the M54 of the CFW3. (so also a delay organising an adapter and getting it made)

I did a test run Sat night (10/10/20 at Terrey Hills) and have not had a chance to process them yet (or build flats & darks) but something I've noticed is the need for a bigger 12V fuse (all my leads are independantly fused from the 12v LiFePO4 battery) and that it often (maybe always but too soon to know) does not power up if I power up USB and 12v at the same time (ie. plug the 12v bat with all stuff cabled up). I fix this by repowering the 12v plug on the back of the camera which is a bit annoying.

I also note that finding the latest drivers can be an issue as they tend to number the all in one system package differently to the stand alone drivers. I now only use the all in one pack. (stable WIN version)

The installation video shows the same annoying task that I also have is having to find the firecapture directory. The video misses the other annoying task of skipping throug a dialoge box about sending an email (that does not work if you try it).

https://www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show& catid=94&id=55&cut=1