View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 05:34 PM
miskairal (Robyn)

You lot are terrific. Thankyou so much.

I didn't like binoculars the few times I've tried them because the image was sort of funny around the edges and I also have bung shoulders so can't hold them up long.

I do have a camera tripod and have taken some pics at night which are kind of ok but I need a lot more practice and am not a fan of winter nights. Thanks for the heads up on the freeware Alex. BTW some of your pics are really gorgeous.

Thanks for the info Sil. As I implied earlier, I have done no research on astrophotography because that is not what I was after yet however now you have me intrigued. I think just getting everyone's comments here has helped clear my brain for more research. I'm not saying it's cheating to post process pics, I'm saying that I, personally, like pics that show what I see. From what you have said, this isn't going to apply with astro.

Brent thankyou for your input. To know that I might be happy for a year before wanting to buy more is very helpful. I did take a quick look at the for sale section but might head back.

Another vote for the 8" from Richard I guess you always have to spend more than what you anticipated and I'm no longer allowed to buy pets so 8" it will probably be.