View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 05:43 PM
miskairal (Robyn)

Thank you ALL so much for your knowledge sharing and thoughts.
So I will drop the photography side of things totally for now and just concentrate on looking and learning more. I'm not really into post processing as I don't think that's a true image although I have worked on a couple of drone photos I took because the sky appeared blue to my eyes but in the photos it was flared out to white. The drone can take bracketed shots.

Sil - I think you hit the hammer on the head when you said until I start looking I won't know what I like plus if it becomes the Hotel California (Love that analogy Ryan!) I am quite happy to buy another scope for photography.

multiweb and RB - I actually googled "Port Marc" as I didn't get it (I am always slow) and then saw RB's name is Marc! Duh. But you know what.......I love port and probably will have one while watching
As for the binoculars, I have used them before for land viewing and didn't take to them. The auto guiding - well I know it will be hard to find what I want to see but that's part of the experience, I like learning and I like learning from the ground up.

Malcolm - you are making the potential for money spending scary. Luckily I have a job and don't rely on farm income! But thanks for making it all clearer.

gaseous - thankyou for the explanations. I was thinking of going 8" but then I read a few times of people saying they are a bit hard to manage. I'm not a big person so am thinking start with the 6" and go bigger later if Hotel California takes over.

Highlight of my day was that upon returning from work this arv a tree was gone. I've been asking hubby for 2 years to cut it down as it was a crappy sheoak that totally interrupted the view off the deck and always looked dead. Spending the last couple of weeks talking about getting a telescope fixed it as he is also very interested in looking (but doesn't have my patience so can get the ports while I find something to look at).

I will just investigate the 8" a little more.
Once again, thankyou everyone.