View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 08:51 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

lol, my shopping wishlist (if i ever get out of debt) is currently the 290MC for colour and 290MM for mono ZWO has tons of options, plus there are other vendors with comparable products it seems(same chip and pricepoint). zwo have really done well to come out of nowhere and take center stage with a great range of stable and supported astro imagers that are hard to beat on quality vs price. They can be expensive to buy new locally though. I havent even looked into updated drivers for mine, it just works solidly, I've never felt let down by my "cheap" purchase, ok a little disappointed its not better than Hubble but I bet every astrophotography feels the same no matter how much they spend.

If budget is a concern the 120MC will make you happy until you can upgrade. planetary you are shooting cropped low resolution so megapixels are no important, look for fast frame rate and low noise (high QE) and consider jumping the 120 and stepping up to a slightly better model. last i looked their range was getting confusing.