View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 06:47 AM
bojan
amateur

Angry

Report on progress: back to square one.

Yesterday we visited property in Seymour where my geodesic dome was planned for next year to be built..

I was not prepared for the shock that was waiting for me in the backyard.. The huge, monstrous industrial-type unit or barn erected next to our property by our northern neighbour while we were away.
I noticed that he has some (very loud, with earth-moving machinery) work being done over the fence while we were there last time (late January?) and I asked him what it was.. he told me he was securing the terrain next to our fence from sliding (which doesn't sounded like the bad idea), and later he was going to build the shed there.. to which I agreed in principle, but I had no idea it was going to be THAT big and THAT high.
I am wandering now how it was possible that nobody (including agent who manages the property) hadn't contacted us prior to issuing the building permit (If I knew for this plan, I would have strongly objected to this so called "shed" to be placed next to our northern fence, effectively casting the shadow into our backyard during winter time.. not to mention the totally ruined view to the north sky).
So.. what to do now?
It seems I am forced to go up 3 metres or so.... or to forget about the whole thing in Seymour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Backyard_dome.JPG)
129.9 KB224 views
Click for full-size image (Super_shed.jpg)
199.0 KB243 views

Last edited by bojan; 10-08-2014 at 09:02 AM.