View Single Post
Old 17-03-2024, 11:39 AM
Leo.G (Leo)

I had typed a reply and hit the STUPID back button on my mouse on the end of the keyboard and it disappeared, I HATE computers, I think I HATE my current mouse worse, never had the problem with any former mouse.

Neville is there any specific form of fume extraction you recommend?
Is it a filtered system required?
I would imagine it would have to be filtered on the output or the room would become toxic fast.

My main experience with acrylic was making display cases for shops (photography shops) back in the early 90s. I was using chloroform to provide the clear, seamless joints (only way to get such joints at the time) and even with fume extraction it created problems breathing in the fumes. I had the materials cut and bent if necessary by my supplier at the time, I didn't have provision to do either and it wasn't costly to have it cut and bent compared to purchasing the required equipment (it was just something I did to help friends with photography stores, not a business as such).

The laser module itself I'm not sure on the specs, I have no experience with this type of laser head. I've played with a few laser diodes for other purposes over the years but nothing like this.

https://www.vevor.com.au/laser-tube-...p_010830114190

Maybe not sufficient for my overall end design (when I get there) but a cheap way to get my foot in the door.

I'll search for forums specific to the build and do a lot of reading and hopefully learn from the mistakes (and accomplishments) of others.