View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 09:56 PM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Great detail shot . Is that a starlink satellite in the view. Should that flat out. .?
Thanks Ray. Not sure if it's a starlink. I don't think it's flats that remove trails, rather it's the stacking process, and I don't think I took enough subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Paul
One of the best M45’s I’ve seen from that size scope
Great image with a ton of detail
No filters too and moon up
Frame this one for your living room
Cheers
Martin
Thanks Martin. I think I want to get some more data on this one. My guiding failed when I tried to get more data the next night. I think 4 hours on this one; under dark skies would be good for the living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
remarkable and excellent in every way, fantastic detail in the reflection neb and background blak point about perfect to my eyes. I'm amazed that you could run 6min subs on this without completly obliterating the brighter stars... would have thought 60s would be enough... but cant argue with the result :-)
Thanks Robert. Someone at Bintel told me that stacking is all very well but if you don't go deep enough there is no faint detail to bring out. I normally now go a minimum of 5 minutes and try for 10 minutes on the fainter objects. Globs and clusters seem to really only require a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Absolute Gold Zuts. Well done !
Thanks Ryan. This is now a favourite target of mine.