View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 09:28 AM
RyanJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Vondel View Post
Thanks Ryan
I will try that first

The problem with the earlier solution of recolourising in photoshop has a problem. My TIFF files come out as 32bit while photoshop (PS9 elements)
will only handle 16 bit files. I have had to process the master image on the GF's computer graphic programs first to even get in into a format that PS will handle. I am starting to think I should keep working with JPEGS
That is easily solved Peter. There are two solutions. You can save the file in DSS as a 16bit file but I don’t do that. Secondly you should be able to open the 32bit file in Photoshop ( I know I can ) and then you select Image>mode>16bit. It will then bring up a sample and there is a selection box up the top that is set on HDR. Don’t be tempted to use this option. Open the box and there is Exposure & Gamma. Select that. You can then do your processing in 16bit and it won’t clip the blacks or whites. My suggestion is to do your initial processing while the image is still quite colorless and only do your saturation and vibrance towards the end otherwise you can run the risk not having enough headroom to stretch the dimmer parts of the image.