View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
Thanks Ray - good info - I still don't fully understand the ADU value concept and how I measure this so more reading for me to do on that front.

Brent - the price in fact will normally be $899.00USD but in fact for Beta Testers and as an intro price it was cheaper for me by about $100USD - not sure if this will be offered to everyone but even at $899USD still good value in my mind if it delivers with Deep Sky on top of Planetary.

Also interested in your sealed chamber solution as I have seen the horror stories with several cameras like QHY. Sam has assured me that due to the small sensor/window and built in decadent it will be ok. My back up plan is to also try something else (see image attached below!) but will not jump any guns including a dew heater seal on the front if I start getting any issues.

Hi Michael - thanks for the info and sharing the image. You might also be interested in the attached image from a QHY user who simply pumps warm air into the nose piece through a hole using a small hose and a hole he drilled in the nose piece.

Keep the info coming IIS's!!
Hey !! That was MY idea and it worked well..

Having just recently splashed out on the 1200D DSLR I suspect my purchasing power is somewhat diminished and probably frowned upon by the Finance Minister. But patience, .... patience will be rewarded.