View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
John K

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon1966 View Post
Hi guys,
went past a camera shop on George st Sydney today and asked if they knew anyone in sydney who could remove the IR cut filter on eos cameras. They suggested..

Whilton camera service.
http://www.whiltoncamera.com.au/

I called them and said for my 1100d it would be about $150 and takes a day.

Regards
Kon
That's cheap by OZ standards - did not know that these guys can do this - so worth investigating, but you need to also get a filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
I was just browsing astro sites I hadn't looked at for a while and was having a quick look through Peter Tan's Hong Kong site (tan14.com) I noticed he has a filter replacement service for HK$500. That would not include the filter I suppose - which tend to run about HK$700 or so. But at HK$1200 all up (about A$200) with a bit for postage, that's not a bad service.

So I'm wondering if anyone has used it. Any comments on it. I've asked him whether he can do cooling mods as well and am waiting for a reply.

EDIT:
I just got a reply. He doesn't do a cooling mod but the all-up price including PayPal fee and return postsge is $HK1350. That's a pretty good price and it includes a Baader ACFII filter.

Peter
I have had my camera modded by Peter with the same filter. All worked well, he just took time to respond after I sent the camera and then forgot to send me the camera strap so had to send this separately after I asked. But the camera has worked flawlessly now for 12+ months and I also got him to get me a 12v to 240v adaptor so I no longer needed batteries.