View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Night Owl
It was there last time!

4 to 5 an hour.

I was out with my 12" GSO Dob till 4:15 EST, and it was brilliant dark and no cloud. But... the jet stream was right over head according to the maps, and it must have been as Saturn and everything else was wiggling up a storm. But I did catch tantalizing glimpses of how good the seeing would have been with no jet stream. I'll have to buy a EQ6 and a ToUcam me thinks, just to steal a few good frames out of the jellyvision... when I can figure out how I can justify it to the finance officer (wife).

When I wasn't staring down the tube I was on the lookout for the shower. I think the best I saw was a peak of around 4 to 6 an hour around 2:30 EST. I saw two that left ion trails. I had one go through my scope while I was gawking around Crux, scared the heat out of me. Also saw around 2 to 3 an hour randoms as well. I also hooked up and managed to track a sat through Crux till my neck gave out from several hours of craning and the cold. I then packed it in an headed for the all night diner for bacon and eggs and a nice hot coffee. I had a ball.