View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 10:49 PM
buddinseeker (Mike)

Been a while since my mind turned seriously to getting telescope but recently I have been reading alot recently and the choice doesn't get any easier.

Go cheap and cheerful to see if it turns into flash in the pan and struggle with frustrations of poor equipment, invest in good gear for it to gather dust or regret the purchase when it takes off and find the initial investment lost and need to start save up from new again...

My desire to enjoy the hobby and share it with my young son is the main drive, ultimately I wouldn't mind getting into astrophotgraphy so ultimately I would like the scope to be versitile enough to turn to this much further down the track.

I have spoken to a few suppliers and looks like I am heading the way of a dobsonian with most suggestion it would be a good place to start, am reading through options and upgradability but not ruling out other options yet.

I must admit reading through these beginner threads are very informative keep up the good work ! I got a lot of deciding to do...