View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Paramount

Grwyne Fawr Reservoir (revisited)

On Sunday the weather was looking good and I was planning on doing another time lapse. I was originally going to go up Haugh Woods in Hereford but when I checked the forecast sites the weather looked better at the Grwyne Fawr reservoir and dam (where I had previously done a time lapse last November) so that's where I went, my good buddy Anne Shuker gave me a lift to the end of the road near the dam and I headed off up the track to the reservoir itself. I set everything up and waited for the moon to set and started the time lapse shortly after 10pm and it ran till just after 3:30am. In all 582 x 30 second exposures were taken with my Sony A7Sii and Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 lens which was set to 15mm and f2.8 and the ISO on the camera was set to 25600. Motion was created using my Rhino Camera Gear Evo carbon slider with motion and arc.
Although the forecast showed clear skies for the whole night there were some whispy clouds blowing over which created a nice effect in conjunction with the sky glow caused by the light pollution from Abergavenny and the moon which had just set behind the hills. I managed to get some nice reflections in the water of the reservoir but it was quite breezy for most of the night so not as much as I had hoped.
The RAW files were processed in Adobe Lightroom before rendering to video in Adobe Premier Pro
It is best viewed in at least HD and it's also available in 4K both at the following link

https://youtu.be/Y_X7f-g47uM