View Single Post
Old 23-07-2017, 10:25 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

A Plan before the main plan.

I have never bothered to set up a scope at the place in Sydney mainly because there are so many trees you have maybe 20 degrees field of view and that is on a cement patio that retains the heat of the day.

However to get ready for when I get back North full time I have decided to set up anyways.

There is no South view as the house excludes it so getting aligned although doable should be fun.

I may bolt a pier to the patio or if I retain the three legged at least cement it in place...you can do that when there are no women about.
And make a roll off box...thinking about it the box does not have to be big or strong it only has to keep out the rain.

And rather than buy a new camera have a go at modding my cannon 400d.
Also experiment with auto guiding and generally start to relearn..getting a good image of anything is sort of not relevant..
And best of all give me something to do in Sydney.
Being up here and getting out if only with binos has really sparked me up...and I have been researching astro stuff rather than wasting time in front of the TV.
And if I bolt a pier to the deck I can reduce the height of the rig and the roll off box.

Alex