View Single Post
Old 22-08-2019, 12:54 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by troypiggo View Post
Interesting - and thanks Rob and Luka for taking it further. The Temperhum I ordered (around AU$30) says it's +-0.5deg C accuracy on the PCSensor website, but on the Alibaba page I bought it from says it's +-0.2deg. Not sure I trust either of those...

Wondering accuracy of this arduino solution.
The accuracy depends on the sensor. Once you get your device try the driver and if it works it should tell you what sensor is inside.
For example, the temperature accuracy of DHT22 is ±0.5°C while the humidity accuracy is interestingly quoted to be ±2% but can be as high as ±5%. BME280 also has ±0.5°C temperature accuracy (±1C at 65°C).

Quote:
Originally Posted by troypiggo View Post
Did some googling at lunchtime - here's an arduino ASCOM temp sensor project. They used the DH22, but I assume wouldn't be hard to translate to another one as Luka recommends.

http://photonenfangen.de/instruments...rature-sensor/
Wonderful find. That is exactly what I was thinking about. The only issue with it is that even this device has been called TemperHum v3. My head is going to explode

By the way, I did not find any BME280 breakout boards that can be used without soldering.