View Single Post
Old 22-02-2013, 10:19 AM
rmuhlack (Richard)
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
FOV issue not an issue to me really - the 5dMkII with FR needed such a harsh crop, the end result may well have been taken on an APS-C format camera. Less artistic licence for framing, but there are waysto compensate
Interesting. Hopefully that means that my 400D on the VC200L with a focal reducer will be a perfect fit

btw, have you experimented at all with PEC ? Using the PECPrep software that ships free with EQMOD together with a small worm backlash adjustment i have reduced my PE from ~35" peak-to-peak to about 5-6". Provided I park the scope at the end of my session i have found I can reuse the PEC training when I next take the scope out (i dont have a permanent setup in the backyard).

Now the interesting bit..... 35" of PE will be equivalent to 39 pixels with my 400D with its 5.7micron pixels on the VC200L at f6.3, while with PEC enabled that will be reduced to 6.5 pixels

On your scope, without PEC you'd be looking at a periodic error of 14.4 pixels at f6.4 and 20.5 pixels at f9 with your new CCD. *with PEC* that is reduced to 2.4 pixels and 3.4 pixels respectively.

Something to think about...