View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Peter S (Peter)

Can anybody confirm the wiring setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacad01 View Post
Did a search through some SouthernSkies FAQ's and in fact interfacing has to be through the SynScan controller, not via EqDirect or anything like that.
Hi all, After I bought SkySafari pro thru Apple(app download) and the skyseek WiFi unit from Bintel I unfortunately realised that yes you do need to go thru the Synscan hand control. I was hoping that it might be possible to manually pickup on an identified object and SSP would take over from there. As yet I have not used it.
I must say i'm a bit toey about powering it up, seen as the instruction say that if you get it wrong you could have some pain. I would love to hear from somebody who has had success with the setup and has a graphic of the connections( it looks a little strange to me one control going thru another....how do it give up control to SSP?
I'm still designing my adaptor plate to go between my NEQ6 and my TOA130. I also want to have another scope mounted on the side for tracking. I bought a cheap Chinese 80mm and a Lodestar to hang off the back. Happy sky's to all.