View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:37 PM
hotspur (Chris)

RE Flash bracket

Firstly,let me say thank you to everybody who has replied with information,it has been very useful,also a big thank you to another chap who read my enquiry,and offered me a bracket,as he does'nt use it much anymore,He is bringing it up next week to the new moon weekend.

Yes,Troy,I understand that flash light/lighting is a vast topic-with a many angles,that no one person could ever learn everything,Yes-from your reply it would appear there is'nt a great deal of difference between either on top or on a bracket.

I was'nt planning to go out spending a vast amount of money on such things in the near future-I had a look in shed today,and noticed some aluminum and could make something up,but thanks to David,I will be right to play around with his bracket.

Why do I need one,well-I have noticed a few applications it may be useful.My 60 mm macro arrives shortly,and macro looks like a very interesting photographic pursuit,I also take photos of models trains and toys for various magazines,so could be useful in that area.

I planned to buy a Ex530 flash,but Tony had his Ex430 for sale a couple of months ago,At a price I could'nt refuse.I still plan to buy a EX530,and would have still got the 430,but just the other way round.I would really be interested in learning to use the two together-master-slave,also I hear you can by spill boxes etc,etc,put them on light stands,and do all sorts of interesting things with that combo and its accersories,yes I know you can buy cheaper lighting,but with set up its extremely portable.

Dennis,is coming up for a visit one day,so no doubt we can have a look at his ex 530 and my ex430 working as a combo,and learn something from it.

The type of use for the flash work,is to be inside,so with what you mention Troy,it would appear likely I may not need the bracket.But will play around with the one kindly donated.

I notice Dennis made a very interesting item to hold his EX 530,fot his macro work,and the results looked stunning!

Lighting is an amazing subject,and I'd like to learn about it.

RE Troys' of bracket cord you may be selling-is that the canonOC-3? or a longer non-canon one?I may be interested.

Thanks again everyone,cheers Chris