View Single Post
Old 19-01-2010, 05:47 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
That's a lot of galaxies in a night's viewing! I'm very impressed by your capacity to know which is which - I get so overwhelmed by the sheer number of them in this cluster. Haven't really explored it with the Night Sky Observer's guide yet - the piccies they put in might help me. And I reckon observing a mag 14.3 galaxy at 750 mly in poor seeing with Melbourne close to hand is also quite an achievement. Well done, Sab.
Thanks Patrick! The Fornax Cluster is easy to navigate if you have a detailed map or DSS image...otherwise it's anyone's guess what you're looking at
MCG-06-09-008 which is a Fornax Cluster member is actually fainter than that elliptical in Abell 754, at Mag 14.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidU View Post
Another great report. You just have to get that beaut mirror under some really dark skies.
Thanks Dave. I've got some big plans for this mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave47tuc View Post
As per normal my friend very well done

Me thinks Abell 754 is in the realms of the 18" at main ridge sometime next when you come down

Bring the 12" to Snake Valley and we can have some fun
Thanks Dave, it's good to hear from you! Yes We really do need to organise an observing session I suspect a few members of Abell 754 will be visible in an 18", there are 5 galaxies above 15th magnitude.