View Single Post
Old 15-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Darth Wader (Wade)
Chronic aperture fever

Hi all!

I finally decided to sign up here after a somewhat rocky start with the scope that my lovely wife (The Mrs) bought me for Christmas. Yes I know I've taken my time however I was more than a little intimidated by it all as I've only ever used binoculars for stargazing. We managed to set aside a few evenings looking at the Moon, Crux, Alpha Centauri (and what we thought was Jupiter! ) but I wasn't very confident as there is a hell of a lot of stuff to learn. So after attending an open night for the Macarthur Astronomical society my interest was peaked and my trepidation washed away. I believe that the catalyst was seeing Saturn for the first time that night. All I could think was how fantastic it was that I was seeing this other world. Amazing! My wife and I had a really great night speaking to the extemely friendly members of the club and decided to put more time into the scope and Astronomy in general so here I am! Hopefully I won't ask too many stupid questions but I am quite new to this (I didn't even realise that Myzar was only visible from the Northern hemisphere up until the Mac Astro night!)

Cheers
Wade