View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Ian Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
So the Celestron Power Seeker with 127mm aperture size from dick smith for 227aud would have been a better choice then i guess?
Its 10cm bigger in size but the control would have been so much better i think then the one i have now .
Yes. Though the tripod on it is probably still too wobblely. I think it can be motorised too which is a plus.

can see fainter objects, probably better build quality than your no-brand 4.5" in all aspects , better resolving power and near 2x the light gathering ability ..... http://www.ayton.id.au/gary/Science/...olving%20power: will give some more info .

If something goes wrong , Celestron is a good company to deal with and are more likely to help you solve the problem. Crazysales will likely evaporate after Xmas or will probably just fog you off and refuse to help you. (I might be wrong on that).

I'd contect Crazy and tell them you want to return the scope and get a refund , then buy the Celestron , that's what I'd do , return telling them it was a boaght as present or some such or it's not fit for use. There is a cool off period on all retail purchases here and they have to give your money back inside that period (no reason necessary) , no ifs, no buts . If they don't want to - threaten them with the Fair Trading Department in your state - that'll make them come round quick smart.

Last edited by Ian Robinson; 08-12-2008 at 08:12 PM.