View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
neversommer (Pascal)

Bought new telescope,happy but unhappy

Hello dear space freaks

Well I hope this aint to bad for a newcomer but greet everyone but I have a question and was hoping for some help !

I bought 1 week ago over the crazy sales.com.au website a telescope with 117mm aperture size and 900mm focal length,the brand is unknown but the telescope was cheap for a 99AUD. Brand name is foco.
Well after a few days on friday I have received my 2nd telescope(first one was a standard one,years and years ago)now i have my first biig one

well I mounted everything togheter on friday and gave it a first shoot..I was able to see the craters of the moon up very close with 3 lenses with are a 20mm a 12.5mm and a 4mm and 2 erecting eyepieces of 1.5 times and 3 times...

Now very happy with the results of the moon it is very difficult to have the telescope in focus of the planet as moving the telescope is with my hand up and down or left and right and when i wanna fix it in place it is moving down a bit..adjusting the screws making it a bigger problem as it makes it now harder to move up or down..

Now on saturday I wanted to see the venus..but with the movement problem of the up or down it doesnt lock in correctly it makes it impossible with my hands to move the telescope always up or down and then when i tighten the screw it moves down a bit and then i loose venus out of sight making it very depressive for me to actually see the planet while I am battling with actually having the telescope setup for viewing the venus.

Any thing that anyone can help me with this?I just wanna view the venus..I had the venus with my 3x erecting eyepiece and the 12.5mm lens on and was able to see the whole venus but I am always loosing the planet out of sight when I am trying to lock in the Silver long thing the allows me to move the telescope upside down.

Please help!!! Or advise me.

Update

The link is here:

http://www.crazysales.com.au/index.p...ID=489#proName

Its that silver long thing in picture underneath the one from the 3 lenses.
If that helps..