View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Cool - I found the thread and downloaded the PDF. I understand I need to have 55mm between the base of the MPCC and the face of the CCD chip right? I assume the MPCC outer diameter is a tight fit inside the 2" focuser? I mean the whole assembly once screwed on the CCD slides right in like an eyepiece? I'm not worried about the ED80 [F7.5] but the 5" Celestron is F5 and I have probably 10mm left to travel in before I get an "in focus" problem. I could not reach focus with the Pentax. I now can with the QHY8.

Next question. The two nose pieces with built-in filters provided with the CCD have a Female T thread on the end. Is it ok to screw the MPCC directly after the nose piece? Then get a spacer to match up to 55mm to the CCD face? Or would you just screw the MPCC into the CCD with a spacer then put the filter on the other side? Provided the MPCC has a similar T thread? Is this advisable?

My understanding is if you pile up filters/lenses you might get reflections and halos with bright stars.
What's the best combination? Minimise distance between the glass parts or have them further apart?