Thread: Old movies
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2024, 10:56 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hans are you saying that you know what is best?

What's wrong with censorship?

Minorities do not rule ...they are paid lip service and the media beats their cause up like a big drum giving the impression they are a threat...are they a threat or is the casual approach to journalism the real issue? Sensationalism yet another lie.

I am surprised you can not contemplate the damage caused by the swill offered as entertainment...consider the fast and furious franchise ...would it be unreasonable to assume a few young folk have died in car accidents that have occured because they have mimicked the crazy approach to racing on public roads...and mass shootings etc...think it thru.

alex
I don't recall ever saying I know best, I think that is your assumption and accusation.

You started this thread and with the opening line "I have occasionally expressed my correct opinion that all fiction should be banned and all movies telling only true stories permitted..." and further promoting your distain for movies and trying to link movies to mass shootings and tragic car accidents involving young people. The rise of Social Media has more to answer for the behavior of young people than movies.

I am simply defending movies for what they are .. entertainment. I just think you have presented a flawed case against movies.

I like it when an accomplished director can try and translate much loved books to the big screen .. e.g Peter Jackson LOTR's and The Hobbit. Denis Villeneuve Dune. You call it swill I call it mastery.

On the subject of Censorship ... it is just another method of control. It breeds ignorance. People should be exposed to the good, the bad and the ugly. Idiots rewriting the works of Ronald Dahl and Dr Seuss (Theodor Seuss) because they don't like the author or his writings is simply vandalism and these are driven by mindless minorities.