View Single Post
Old 17-04-2024, 12:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

First Chemo session.

I had the sense to ask Sandy to drive me in and push me around in my wheelchair.
The amount of walking in my current condition I now accept is impossible for me still unfortunately I would have made the walk if I had to...some how.

So all went well..I took some tablets as directed and man I was high as you could image but without knowing...happy positive and again full of hope..my doctor says really there is little chance the treatement will work on my cancer but the fact is it has given me hope and so the treatment has already done its job..hope can be so difficult to summon.

AND scored two hard cover books free..unbelievable really..one one chemotherapy and one on physics..so how happy am I..and free mouth wash, a digital thermometer cause a fever means straight to hospital as it is real dangerous as the treatment destroys somewhat ones imune system...AND I can turn up to the hospital with symptoms, I have a list, and get a few days holiday..breakfast in bed, morning and afternoon teas, nice folk to chat with...I am really just so lucky...but that is set up thank to Palliative Care.

I am just so impressed with our heath care system and scorn these conspiracy folk who bag it out...they are just ignorant of reality and make up rubbish about stuff they know nothing about...but they are the lossers so I really don't care as they don't know what they miss...

But that damn drug had me up until 12 buzzing about...I expected a major crash today but not too bad..even went down to the observatory and got a few things happening.

Plus had the best sushi take away ever in the car on the way home..it was so fresh and you could not expect better..so good....it really was a perfect day...

But I think them saying I could drive underestimated how that pill hit me...

So I have 16 sessions..four more than usual each day prior a hot trip in the red car for a 7am blood test to set up for the following day...just can't get better.