View Single Post
Old 26-03-2024, 09:23 AM
bluesilver (Peter)

Cheers Brian,
But no, it was a bit more complicated than that and after about 2 days of me asking many annoying questions over at the Pixinsight forum we finally got it sorted and the latest version up and running.
Basically I think it came down to two things:
The first is that I installed the old version 1.8.9-1 on my Z drive, which it was fine for that version of Pixinsight.
The second is that the new version 1.8.9-2 won;t let you install other than on C drive, so for some reason in my case just locked up each and evey time it went to install the new version being that it didn't like the old version being on Z drive, A bit odd I know, but appears that was what it was.

The solution if anyone in interested is my very odd and possibly not the best way, but
Copied the license from the old version onto my Laptop and then installed the latest version on Pixinsight on my Imaging Laptop

Uninstalled the old version from the PC that i am talking about and only keeping the License.
Then just completely copied the Pixinsight folder from the Laptop ( this has the latest version of Pixinsight now installed on it ) and just pasted it back into the PC that I am talking about and that was it, all up and running.

There is a bit more fine details stuff in there, but just a rough run down, that is what I did to get it all up and running.