View Single Post
Old 21-01-2024, 02:37 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Oh, I have the carbon RC8.

I must contact Joshua soon and organise this device. From memory he mentioned having to machine a separate alignment ring if I insist on fitting it myself. I have a milling machine at my disposal when I set it up on it's compound slide table (milling machine is still in it's crate). I have to weld a stand up for it first. It should allow me to fit the unit accurately.

We have clear skies today (and heat, hopefully my grass will finally die instead of growing 3 inches in the time it takes to sit out the back and have a smoke, I can hear it growing) and I'm hoping to take the RC8 out to play with my newly acquired Tele Vue Powermate 5 times. I'm thinking if the skies don't get sprayed over with toxic cloud later in the day (like every other day) I may be able to focus on a small group of craters on the moon.
If I get the Meade DSI 2 colour working with the laptop, it refused to play last time.
I have the D810 as backup I suppose......
The dedicated camera is lighter and much easier to use, plus I can see to focus on the larger laptop screen.