View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 08:21 PM
Rusty2

Hi John : )
Yeah it's a shame , more for the unsuspecting newbies . I wonder how many have been sold due to the too hard basket .

Hi Nick : )
I did shortly after and noticed around a 30% increase in clarity .
However the secondary mirror was so far off dead centre that I thought it might be clipped in the FOV from the internal centre tube . I started all over again .

I was thinking that in a perfect world , everything should be perfectly dead centre within the OTA .

I made some more corflute cutouts with centres marked and used the Hotech laser to see if I could align the eyepiece , the centre tube , the corrector plate position and the primary mirror all in one . I managed to align everything BUT the Primary mirror . That's the culprit , the primary mirror is not parallel with the OTA as you can see in the bottom right hand corner of the attached photo , but everything else is .

At about 2 this afternoon I also noticed that the wooden floor in my house is moving when I walk near the laser . I've had to take everything outside onto the concrete and start again . This will be the fourth time I've tried to collimate today .