View Single Post
Old 18-09-2023, 06:04 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Actually Voyager advanced is pretty much all about target planning and prioritisation.

I really wrote war and peace here but without looking at advanced directly, it would not make much sense. To put it simply, you can set up as many targets as you want, with various constraints about hour angle limits, moon phase and distance etc and many others, and just let it go. One of the best bits I find is having it split time between narrowband and broadband on the same target. You set the target up twice (Which is quick and easy to do) one with broadband and one with narrowband filters to shoot, and with the target constraints set up properly it will on a third quarter moon for instance, start the night shooting RGB and when the moon rises it will change to narrowband. Similarly you can limit what hour angles it shoots the target within, so if you want to only shoot two hours either side of the meridian that is easy to set up and it will only shoot those angles then move on to another target that qualifies if you have set up another that does. I have had it shoot data on four successive targets in a night before.