View Single Post
Old 23-08-2023, 09:05 AM
Startrek (Martin)

I’m no expert but I don’t think all is lost
When selecting camera type in APT , the “Color FITS Preview box” is only a color de Bayering preview function to view your sub frames in color if you’re using a OSC camera.
I asked Ivo about the above checkbox and it doesn’t change your data ( Mononor OSC ) it merely applies a debayering algorithm that allows you to view Color light frames.
A color camera and mono camera have similar sensors and collect the data the same way , it’s just that color cameras have a Bayer matrix grid ( eg:RGGB ) in front of the sensor to produce a color image with the help of interpolation which fills in the gaps.
I’m sure if you had that box checked in APT when using a Mono camera , your data (fits files ) will still be Mono ( No Bayering ) even though there file name might say OSC ?

However, when you stack your files in DSS and you’ve captured Mono data files you have to “uncheck” or not tick the box in Raw/ Fits Digital Development ( Settings ) that says “Monochrome 16bit Fits files are Raw files created by a DSLR or Color CCD camera”

Have you tried stacking your files ( say Red ) in DSS again ( with Raw/ Fits box unchecked ) and then stretch it in your post processing software to test outcome ??

Hope others can advise further

Good luck

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4432.jpg)
147.3 KB5 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4433.jpg)
187.6 KB3 views