View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 04:29 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You could use a gate motor which comes with a remote ( 2)...I have been thru the hoops getting mine to work and the key is to have the roof in effect balance on the gear track...mine had issues because it ran on wheels either side..that mean the thing moves around and creates many issues..but mine was just not cut out for the instalation really in retrospect..however yours won't have the distance to travel so it should not be much of an issue...mine was expensive simply because I got the biggest as there were many unknowns so overkill was sensible..I expect there will be cheaper smaller units...I find I still need to be there both for opening and closing just for little things like switching stuff on or off and putting the covers on or off ...given you are so close seriously dont underestimate the "string" approach...but if you need to close because a storm is on its way you need to go there and secure the roof with what ever system you use..

Good luck...the main thing is you have a good functional set up so take some time before you jump into motorised roof things.

Alex