View Single Post
Old 25-05-2023, 12:15 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Thank you but I soon found with the one video I found on the 85mm the lens construction was very different to the 35mm when I stripped it to try and fix it.
I haven't searched for the 14mm since I got it replaced under warranty, only the 35mm but I have just searched and found mention numerous times but haven't yet checked if any of the discussions show the fix or point to a video which does. I'll go have a look now though.

I would have thought since it focuses on the DX format D80 and the FX format Canon 5D (with adapter which may make the difference) it should focus on the D810 but no matter what I do and how long I spend playing with the focus the stars are very out of focus. At first I was blaming star drift as the problem but even a 10 second exposure produces the same results so it's definitely a focus thing.

Using live view I've done everything and at high magnification levels I get a lot of noise, much like a grainy video stream and it's terribly hard to pick what's in focus, even using the moon.