Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2023, 07:39 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
OK made a pad for the fire pump, serviced it, reatached the intake and delivery hoses and happily we have the delivery hose gushing with water...however I need to add some sprinklers to cover the observatory with water but that will have to wait until I get thru my next medical interruption but with the weather I am not too worried about a fire.

I have been quiet about the new rig I know..the reason was my New zwo 2600 mono and new guide camera did not work...so I ordered another guide camera ( but not another zwo 2600).

Even the new guide camera would not work!,,

Not thru Asiair plus, not thru sharp cap or ZWO suite, changed from USB 3 to USB 2 and back, changed to an external power supply for the camera...stood on one leg with one eye closed..but nothing worked...And then it did...but why why why????..It annoys me so much when a thing just starts to work and you can not identify why...Anyways it is all working using the 115 mm set up and I have left all of it switched on for it to learn...later I will transfer the new guide camera ( I now have one too many) and the main camera to the new rig..Will it work there??? Probably not ...I think they play up when there are cclouds about to give you something to do...

The black paint was not a good idea...even with a light on it is so dark when you are doing stuff...And of course when imaging it's out of the way...I don't know why none of that did not occur to me before I had it painted.
Alex
Alex
ZWO cameras are pretty reliable, I use 3 different guide cameras and 1 imaging cameras over different 2 rigs and they all connect fine
Windows 10 and 11 can be troublesome
Just download the latest main Ascom driver again
Download the Microsoft.Net framework 3.5 again
Download the ZWO drivers again
Standard USB3 cables no longer than 1m
USB2 cables can be 5m +
USB3 long cables up to 5m or 10m must be “Active type” like Startech below ( link)
https://www.startech.com/en-au/cables/usb3sab5m
ZWO guide cameras like 120MM and 290MM which I use are designed for data transfer over USB3
If using a Hub make sure it’s a powered Hub ( I use the Startech 4 port USB3 industrial powered Hub ) link below

https://www.startech.com/en-au/usb-hubs/st4300usbm

Most camera connection problems are to do with -
Microsoft platform
Camera drivers
Cables
Hubs

Hope you get up and running with your gear asap

Best
Martin