View Single Post
Old 25-01-2023, 07:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
What a masterpiece of engineering, ingenuity and tenacity...hats off mate

Mike
Thank you very much Mike I greatly appreciate your kind words.

More done since last time..ordered counter weight rod and bought the necessary threaded rod to connect the mount to that black steel thing in the photo..I was in Bunnings buying stuff but before I could buy the black paint nearly fainted so I thought just do it another day I made it back to the car and rested and got home ok....so I will paint it all black and use chalk to outline my mountain top view...that way I think I can do it rather than just try and paint what I have in mind....but it must be fantastic so it is a challenge to get it right...

Anyways I am going to take it easy... and maybe I over did things on Saturday...but today we finished adding roof strapping.. filled in gaps between roof and walls due to the rail set up ...And nearly finished additional foam work...

It still will be a week before I can set the mount in place and the eight inch with all the stuff I bought for it ( in preparation for ASKAR 130 I think.)..or maybe if the eight works well stick with it..the focuser bugged me but now with EAF it may be OK so we shall see.

And for fun I am putting in star pickets from the genny shed to the van with little cross timber bits so it will look like power lines..on will carry power to a fridge from the inverter down there and the other lead will be for the air con.. but It should look cute.
I was going to put in ten star pickets just now but after I finished cutting the timber I thought that's enough..
Maybe later.
Alex