Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2023, 11:05 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Here you may see that the under floor upper form work has been added and the additional star pickets are obvious...they are already well into the soil below and will be driven below floor level.

I have managed to move 14 bags of concrete " on site" which is a very big deal for me on such a hot day...five near the entry ramp to drop down the hole and fill the ply form work and drum which will make a nice pedestal.. I got up early to move all of it but had flattened my cars battery so it did not take a recharge until itvwas very hot...but I had to get it done else other things would be held up..like going to town to buy diet coke..it was hard driving home with all the concrete so I was not driving back in today with it on board.

The rest are placed such that I can drag them under with not too much drama...thank goodness I had the good sense to cover up both piles of concrete bags as it has been raining now for hours...

The rain is handy as I dug some holes alongside the supports for the track which needs straightening..I have all the pulling gear in place but water in the ground in the holes I made should allow the things to move.

I have gone off lining the observatory with ply as I know it wont turn oit as good as I expect and will only be disappointing unless I can get a really good carpenter...well no chance as my daughter has him tied up for a while...so..I am thinking of painting everything inside black...maybe leave it black or create some wall art to make you feel as if you are on a mountain top looking out over clouds and then fill the sky ( ceiling) with like a deep field type of rendition of many small galaxies...I think I can do it and make it work ..if it comes off it would be brilliant but if not mmmm well I could add a second coat of black...black would be sensible.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20230119183527_resize_99.jpg)
159.5 KB47 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 19-01-2023 at 11:21 PM.