Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 08:46 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I did not buy a welder...no one knew what an "arc" welder was...I don't know if they were un informed or if I am way behind the times..I will ask y assistant if he can do it after all.

I bought 16 mm threaded rod rather than bolts.I love threaded rod..but the prices ..57 cents for each nut and 37 cents for each washer..anyways that part is sorted.

And Bunnings had the gate track and wheels that I waited on...And because I could have bought only the bits I needed they would have been much cheaper...again nothing to do but move forward.
I bought a decent step ladder so fitting everything will be safer for my assistant ..it is a painter's thing so he can use the tray to hold paint stuff for tools...And it will be handy for something in the future...un related but I bought a bbq rotisserie ..I have one in Sydney but just can't get down to pick it up...so hang the expense I can do huge roasts and veggies where I create food for more than a week...And it tastes fantastic.

Tomorrow we fit the track and hopefully the job will finally be complete.

The additional pier I will just chip away at as there is no rush for it..I have the saw for the floor and all the materials other than the concrete which is available when I want it in Tabulam.

Alex