View Single Post
Old 23-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Scorpia (Peter)

Beginner EAA/Astro accessories help - on a budget

Hi All,

im looking for some advice from some others with more experience than me in this field.

Im trying to put together a basic EAA mount while i save money for more equipment.

I have picked up a skywatcher AZ-gti off the forums and im looking to mount a small camera on it and use it with a raspberry pi for EAA.

ie something like these.
Camera version
or
Telescope Version

Currently i have the following options for camera/scopes

1, canon 550d or 450D with either 55-250mm or 120-400mm lense. To use this i need to find some sort of vixen bar to mount the camera to the mount but i cant find anything less than about $80. does this sound right?

this is what i found which seems like it will do the job but $80!!
vixen bar

2, i picked up both a ASI178MC and ASI120MM on a spur of the moment purchase and currently have a svbony 30mm f4 guide scope. (scope and asi120mm purchased for guiding in future)

so I either need a bracket of some sort to mount the guide scope to the vixen bracket or some sort of larger scope. the ebay guides suggest the sky-watcher evoguide 50ed II. which looks like a nice scope . could this be used for photography later or is it to small?

does anyone have any suggestions on what mounting plates / telescopes to purchase so I don't waste to much money, so i can get something to have some fun with while i work on a proper photography rig.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Last edited by Scorpia; 23-08-2022 at 07:54 PM.