View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 02:59 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Hi Chris

I don't have that scope, but do have that focuser. Sounds like you could be missing the 25mm adapter at the back.

FWIW, my image train is as follows:

Esprit 120 > Esprit to Esatto Adapter > Esatto 65mm Extension Tube > Esatto 3" > Esatto M81 25mm Extension.

Then to this, I have my Field Flattener, QHY spacing, QHY Filter Wheel, and 268M. From the back of the Field Flattener to the sensor, it's 55mm (actually 56.5).

If you're not using a flattener, obviously that changes your backfocus measurements. I don't know what that is for your Tak, but you can buy extension tubes as mentioned above to get to where you need to go. I use 25mm, you can start there? Maybe get two if you need the extra spacing.

Happy to take a picture for you later.
I ordered the 65mm extension tube but it remains to be seen whether I also need the M81 25mm between flattener and Esatto.

If I choose to not use the 1.01x flattener (the fsq-85 has an internal
Flattener up to APS-C so they say), the 65mm ordered may be sufficient in combination with the 19mm of M54 spacers I already have between Esatto and camera. Based on Joe’s reply it looks like the 65mm M81 will do the trick for a configuration without flattener.