View Single Post
Old 19-02-2022, 06:41 PM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
I tried doing this for a while though not with narrow band. I shot a lot of luminance (KAF8300 CCD) and then used a one shot camera for RGB (Sony ICX694). The problem I had was that my stars from the one shot were larger and wouldn't combine very well with luminance. Perhaps it was the different CCD sensors, or perhaps the lower resolution of the one shot camera, or it may have been poor processing technique on my part. I gave up the idea after trying a few times and being unhappy. Hopefully your trials go better!

Peter
Hi Peter. Thanks for your input. I actually ended up trying it out recently, and whilst I didn't get the results I wanted, that was more from a poor processing technique, rather than the hardware side which was easy to setup.
That said, I only did it because my mono filter wheel wasn't working so I just swapped the camera out for the ZWO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Sounds like a hassle swapping cameras. Changes in rotation, etc.
Rotation is actually really easy to figure out. I use NINA and it got me back on the right rotation within 2 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Hi Adam,
I have been having the same thoughts about swapping cameras. I originally planned to go this way but have shelved the idea. Reasons being:

* I don’t do flats as I don’t take my image train apart and there is very little vignetting with a 1” sensor. Swapping cameras would risk dust introduction.
* swapping cameras would inevitably cause image train rotation and that would mean compulsory guide re-calibration.

So I’ve decided to stick with just the mono camera in place. This wasn’t my original plan but as this hobby evolves I find surprises and re-thinks along the way!

SB
Hi Chris

Valuable info, thanks! The flats thing is indeed a good point, though I guess you're taking even less flats (if you're breaking down the setup each night) since you only take them once for the camera rather than for each colour filter)