View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpastern View Post
Andy, with all due respect, there just is no need for the 99.99999999% of the population to either own a gun, or have access to a gun.
Classic matra of the "grabbers". Not original, please try harder.

Quote:
I'm sure those poor children, mother and grandmother that were murdered very recently in WA would agree with me if they were able to.
"Think of the chillunz" - Matra #2. I almost didn't notice it. Like all parents, I do think of people. Please, read on.

Quote:
I'm not surprised that Australia and NZ having a higher death rate per 100k than the UK
Higher death rate for guns only you mean? Their murder rate is much higher... Hell, London recently celebrated taking that accolade from New York. Except scumbags switched to knives to achieve it. Trouble is, knives can be hidden in plain sight. What now?

Quote:
Yes, I can understand those who want to pursue gun shooting as a sport. I'm cool with that as long as they pass a medical psychological test every 2 years.
Good, now we're getting somewhere. Anything can be a murder weapon. You could kill me with a 30mm ABC skygazing record refractor, - if you shove it far enough up my nose... So what we are seeing here is the difference between the tool, and the intention. The intention comes from the user (not the tool). Hence, your attention to mental health is welcomed by all (not just the gun community and their opponents). In fact, that's the key to peace in civilised society, which is often considered all too hard to achieve. So, they just ban stuff, because, you know, we can't be trusted.

Quote:
We actually got a very nasty surprise in November last year - my mum passed away in June, and in November, myself, sister and brother-in-law were cleaning out the garage and found dad's old semi-automatic rifle.

Sounds scary. You wore a hazmat suit before picking it up? Nah seriously, when my old man goes, I'll be wading through 11 tonnes of train parts, wrought iron, and 5% of a P-38 Lightning. All up, I reckon you've done better than I

Last edited by AndyG; 09-06-2018 at 10:47 PM. Reason: karnt spel