Thread: Hello Hello
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 01:16 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I know you want to jump in the deep end but may I suggest just get a heq5 (it will always be useful even when you buy something else) and just do wide field using the camera and current lens.
As pointed out the stuff you need to learn is not insignificant.
And the stuff you can do with just the camera and whatever lens that came with it.
I have a nikon D5500 with a cheap 70 to 200 lens it was around $200 and it really surprises me.
Last night all I could get to work was my old canon (10 years old) and a 18 to 55 lens.
Only 30 second captures and only got aboit 40...they are being stacked as I type but hopefully I can post a result in the beginers section.
Because my new pole master did not work I simply placed the mount and lined up polar by eye..so not perfect I expect unless I really lucked out...focus was only thru the view finder so it will be interesting to see if I get a fair result...my point is that it was very satisfying ...old camera good but cheap mount...
And I did not mention I have a 80 mm espirt which blows me away...and they are only about 2k so for 3k plis a bit you really could be doing great stuff from wide wide fields to the occasional galaxy.
Have a look thru the beginers photos and note some of the gear...I also have an 8 inch f5..a little slower but for $500 and a coma corrector say $350 I wont be needing anything more...
Alex