View Single Post
Old 16-08-2017, 12:52 PM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophe View Post
OK, you guys have made your positions very clear and I believe that I would be right in labeling both of you as thorough going materialists....by that I mean that you only believe in what your physical senses tell you. That's fair enough and you have every right to your opinions, but, where you err, is in believing that your opinions are the be all and end all of things. They are not.

Has it ever occurred to you that every human civilization that has ever existed, has had a belief (in one form or another), in the supernatural? In other words, every civilization has held that the senses do not tell us the whole story of mankind's relationship to the manifested world.
Label me whatever you want. Not once has either Alex or myself claimed to be the 'be all and end all.'
I base my views on the works of those who are experts in the field. My expertise in astronomy is minor planets, and I'm probably not the only one here.
I'm not sure how various civilisation's religious views impact what is orbiting our sun right now, but good on you for trying.