View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 03:46 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Aside from creating a structure in which people can interact, etiquette is about making others comfortable and treating them with respect. In this way everyone feels free to speak, provide input or display their work .

We should always think about comments before we post them. If we think a comment might offend or be taken the wrong way, then perhaps the suggestion could be made privately. Like most things, moderation is important - It's a question of a balance between a free and frank discussion versus embarrassing and alienating others.

Best
JA
Good post. I agree with this. I don't mind comments about my images as I sometimes get it really right but often I miss the obvious that is pointed out. Like a quality control point.

But there is the aspect of treating others like you would want to be treated. Very occasionally - rarely really, that does not occur but generally speaking I find the people here on IIS really nice people. Mostly they mean well.

Also you don't know the situation when someone posts and you have to put up with that. Someone had a rough day, just had a fight with their partner,
the cheque bounced, they've been drinking etc etc.

How people usually are is the key. If someone is routinely off then you expect them to act that way and its less annoying. You would be surprised if they were positive. If someone is a bit rough who is normally friendly you cut them some slack just like you would in real life.

There is always the ignore button as well!

Greg.