View Single Post
Old 24-05-2016, 06:08 PM
h0ughy (David)

it only taken 15 months

15 months ago i bought a new ASI174MM. it sat in the box from bintel until this evening, i thought i better try it out. I unpacked it and loaded the driver onto the main PC in the shed, then with one of the ED80s i sat it on the desk and aimed it out the door.

its been a very looooong time since i have used a camera, but this one is a beast. using sharpcap 2.8 for the very first time i was very unfamiliar with the layout of the features. i had downloaded the USB3 driver for the camera and loaded it and the sound of a successful connection was good. Had thought of aralditing something down but then settled on a house and a telstra mobile tower in the distance.

i did a crop of 1920 x 1280 first then 640 x 480 . i was in awe, then shock. a 30 second grab at 1920 gave a 5.5gig fileand still grabs were 4meg - this is going to be a problem to use for long time-lapse procurements

the house was 2.1km away but the tower was 2.8km away. this impressed me very much for the ease of focusing, i cant wait to play with the sun and moon

these are just the ramblings of a wannabe imager - happy that the path can be found soon

the reason why i really got this out was I will be doing the pour for the dome very soon - the incentive to progress this happened
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (0066web.jpg)
119.6 KB110 views
Click for full-size image (0006web.jpg)
93.8 KB103 views
Click for full-size image (testasi174dist.jpg)
197.5 KB94 views
Click for full-size image (dist.jpg)
201.3 KB83 views