View Single Post
Old 17-10-2015, 12:45 PM
cdavmd (Carlos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRejto View Post
Carlos, welcome to IIS! I hope when you get your mount MyT sorted you will post some images here!

Greg, the bug Carlos is reporting is different from the one you mentioned. I think it only is a problem with AP mounts. When you had the first problem you were using the MX right? Now, your new AP mount was behaving with the APA routine? Odd that it would only show up in the Mach 1.

Peter
Thank you Peter!

I had forgotten to subscribe to this thread so I never received anyones responses. Life has gotten in the way of astrophotography lately so I have been off the radar. I hope to be a more active participant on these forums. I really like the layout of this site!

So in regards to the bug, I am not sure if it was specific only to the Mach-1. From what I gleaned from Mathew it sounds like a bug affecting Astrophysics mounts in general. They never did answer me when I asked what exactly was the cause (just for my curiosity and education) but based on some discussions with Patrick....it appears there is some addition to the values of RA and DEC so as to keep track of which side of the Meridian the scope is on. The astrophysics routine when married to TSX requires it. I am guessing but I believe there may have been a "sign" error somewhere. When I was testing the movement of a laser pointer using the APA routine indoors it was essentially sending it in the wrong direction both in Azimuth and Altitude.

It appears to be fixed now.

In regards to the MYT....its on its way back and I am awaiting the new shipment. Hoping it gets here soon.....Freeze warning tonight....winter is not far away and with its arrival my scopes go into hibernation until late spring.

Thanks again for the welcome all.
Cheers
Carlos