View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 PM
gregbradley

Its a strange looking photo of the filter. Why does the filter surface look wavy?

I had a Baader 7n Ha filter that used to give me salt and pepper type artifacts. I began to wonder if it was something to do with my processing.

Then I switched to Astrodon and no more salt and pepper so I concluded the filter had defects.

I had a set of LRGB 50mm square Baaders and they were all in good condition. They weren't parfocal as advertised nor were they close to being 1:1:1 in weights when colour combining. Astrodons are on both counts.

So Astrodon's may be pricey but you get what you pay for and they are still the market leaders in quality as far as my experience goes.

US companies also have way better after sales service than European companies as a bit of a generality. Europe is still learning being nice to the customer I think. Its not really their culture yet whereas USA the customer is always looked after and they often go out of their way to make the customer happy. Another reason the USA is the super power.

Greg.