View Single Post
Old 17-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
The real question here is not so much what colour they should be as when you have your histogram balanced and normally imaged objects look like most images then you are pretty set.

Its more how saturated should star colours be. David Malin has said he did a study on star colour and wrote a book about it. That stars are pastel colours.

Greg.
I saw a talk that David Malin gave to the Astronomical Society of South Australia earlier this year. At the end of the talk he was specific about star colours. He was quite adamant that star colours appear as pastel, showing vague colour. Not any where near the saturation levels most of use display. Generally I would say no one produces star colours like this on this forum. Everyone tends to like a bit more saturation.

For G2V I used CCDautopilot which has a feature which can test how your frames ought to be imaged. Use that if you are really keen on getting it exactly like G2V.

In the end its all a matter of personal taste. What one person might like in star colour might be disliked by others and I think that nearly everyone is producing Art and not science related images here. That is perfectly ok from my perspective and I am sure it would be from most other people as an observation.

A thought provoking discussion.